I hate dishcloths.
Really really hate them.
I don’t like sponges much either. Brushes are okay —especially the kind that let me squirt soap out of them. They rock my world (in a very small way).
But I LOVE dishtowels. I like the feel of an absorbent towel soaking up the damp and making my hands nice and dry.
So I can’t join the dishcloth revolution, but I CAN add my hand towel to the mix. What's even better is these fit the bill for low-key mindless kitting.
￼• basic knitting skills
• twisted stitches (written instructions and video tutorial provided)
• width of 8 (10, 12) in / 20.25 (25.5, 30.5)cm.
• 6.5 st = 1in/2.5cm in garter stitch on smaller needle. Gauge is not critical, please create a fabric you like.
• 1 ball Sugar'n Cream Stripes (100% cotton; 86m/95yd; 56.7g/2oz) Country Stripes #1206
• US #2/2.75mm 16" circ or long dpns, or size needed to obtain gauge
• US #4/3.5mm 16” circ or long dpns
• two stitch markers
• tapestry needle
• optional: two 3/4" (18mm) buttons
Pattern includes written instructions, written tutorial, and link to video tutorial.