“A Diamond as Big as the Ritz” by F. Scott Fitzgerald—part 1.
Join the conversation by tweeting a response to this question by using a hashtag (#FaveFitzgerald):
Question: What is your favorite bit from the first half of “A Diamond as Big as the Ritz”?
I will randomly select a name from the responders and whoever I choose will get their very own WWMDfK? bracelet (iffin you want one)!
Have an idea for a knitting pattern based on a Hitchcock flick?
Send yourself over to Stephannie Tallent’s blog and get the skinny on how to submit your ideas!
And my new pattern (that I’m so proud of I’m even sharing it here!): Hunger Games-inspired Life and Death socks—designed for those of us who tend to give their socks a beating. (more details on knitting blog)
|If you would like to purchase the pattern you can do it here through my regular shoppe account via the cart button below, or via my Ravelry shop where the pdf will be stored in your Library.
This sock is for the adventurous intermediate or expert knitter
(or for a new knitter who hasn’t been told that socks, cables, and double knitting are hard, the therefore is able to do anything)
- knit and purl stitches, YO, right and left leaning increases, decreases, cables
- knitting in the round on two circular needles
- reading lace and charts; use of stitch markers to delineate repeats
- knitting both Continental and British (as commonly done in Fair Isle) is helpful if you wish to include the optional hidden pocket
- knowledge of double-knitting is useful but not required. Tutorial included.
- (S,M)L— for accurate fit, measure around ball of Foot (7in,8in)9in,
- 28 sts=4 in/10cm; 38 rows=4” on sole-stitch stockinette; same on stockinette arrowhead lace
- Two US 1 (2.25 mm) circs; cable needle or appropriate substitute tool; one set US 1 dpns for optional pocket
- stitch markers or paperclips (many)
We just added a featured tab to the Podcast Box app.
Every couple weekswe will be featuring different producers’ apps and this week your app has been chosen!
Being featured makes it super easy for new listeners to discover your show so make sure you release some fresh content. Tell your audience to download the FREE Podcast Box app… your show will be front and center when they launch it!Just the Books for Droid, here. CraftLit for Droid here.