If the iTunes feed ever goes down, please head over to the Libsyn site.
NEW October Giveaway
The Sepember Giveaway for Heather’s Grounded novel went to Kristine M (paperback) and Tracee T (digital).
You have until October 31st to win a copy of our new book—Sweet and Simple Baby Crochetby Kristi Simpson.
Grounded is out!!!
Find out about the new sock patterns based on characters from the book, our KALs, and how you can share your desgins based on the book at the new site. Our first sock pattern went out to pre-orders but is available for you to buy now on Ravlery.
To keep on top of new socks, shawls, and sock puppet theater (you heard me) join the Grounded mailing list!
Literary Links of Interest for this chapter:
- sable (wrong era, but the black offset the sable nicely… if you’re into furs, anyway…)
- Grace Church (and wiki)
- Handel’s march
- Chantilly lace (not the song)
- Parma violets
- Spohr symphony No. 9 maybe?
- Mendelssohn March
- Rhinebeck and Edit Wharton
- Great Books—Modern Subtitles (the New Yorker article–a hoot!)
- Cool Magic Tricks for Kids—site of a CraftLit Dad and Daughter team!
- There’s a new Windows Phone app for CraftLit!
- Trying to get Dracula to the shoppein time for Halloween. Now in the shoppe, many audiobooks with benefits which were originally available only to premium subscribers: The Great Gatsby, A Tale of Two Cities, The Canterville Ghost, Alice in Wonderland, and Wuthering Heights. Cool for Cats is also there.
- If you want to subscribe to support the show, you can choose between the simplicity of subscribing through Libsyn to CraftLit on-the-go on your iPhone/iTouch/Android app or if you’re using an mp3 player you can subscribe via PayPal for a Download-only plan. Same content, either way.
- Music in this series is Strauss’ Kaiser Waltz.
Want a button?
grab the code