Edith Wharton’s Age of Innocence, chapters 1–2.
With many thanks to our reader, Brenda Dayne.
If the JTB iTunes feed ever goes down, please head over to the Libsyn site.
Literary Links of interest for this chapter:
- The Alienist
- Sort of almost a tulle tucker
- Victorian Pen Wipers
- Victorian under-bosom Girdle
- The Josephine Look
- The Tuileries
- Faust Opera summary
- Men’s Pumps
- Men’s Patent Leather Oxfords
- Kathryn Barbosa is also sponsoring a give-away of one of her beautiful pendants to one lucky winner! Please comment on any of the of the show notes for Age of Innocence through July 31, 2013 to be included in this give-away. You may choose among from the pendants pictured in the shownotes. Heather will random-number pick a winner in August.
- PennyWise Consulting, LLC
The Shakespeare Alphabet Book is now available. Purchase it directly from In Your Ear Shakespeare or via Amazon.
- The shop continues to grow (many audiobooks with benefits were originally available only to premium subscribers): The Great Gatsby, A Tale of Two Cities, The Canterville Ghost, Alice in Wonderland, and Wuthering Heights. Cool for Cats is also there.
- If you want to subscribe to support the show, you can choose between the simplicity of subscribing through Libsyn to CraftLit on-the-go on your iPhone/iTouch/Android app or if you’re using an mp3 player you can subscribe via PayPal for a Download-only plan. Same content, either way.
- Music in this series is Strauss’ Kaiser Waltz.