Bronte–304: Chapters 37 & 38
If the JTB iTunes feed ever goes down, please head over to the Libsyn site.
New Download-Only Subscriber option explained.
Bleak House by Charles Dickens will be our next Subscriber book.
Heather is hosting an hour-long online, face-to-face book group chatting about the end of Jane Eyre!
Where: Google Hangout, May 26, 2013 9:30pm EDT
How: Learn more at craftlit.com
Bonus: you’ll receive a copy of the band-spankin’ new enhanced eBook of Jane Eyre.
Literary Links of interest:
- The BBC recreated the Netherfield Ball for the 500th anniversary of Pride and Prejudice (YouTube video).
- PennyWise Consulting
- Sponsored Audiobook link: Listen to Jake Gyllenhaal narrate The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. This audiobook is only $7.49 with Audible membership! Want to add an audiobook with benefits experience? Purchase it now, in our shop.
General Newsy Bits:
- Our first super-cool prototype enhanced eBook is in the shop. The ones for Age of Innocence and Bleak House will be more robust, but this one is preeeeety darn nifty: full text of Jane Eyre, links chapter-by-chapter to CrafLit and Just-the-Books episodes, all relevant show notes links are in there, plus book group discussion questions and writing prompts for homeschoolers and teachers.
- The Shakespeare Alphabet Book. By Our Ehren Ziegler and What (Else) Would Madame Defarge Knit? Illustrator Shannon Sneedse Kickstarter campaign through May 29th. Please back this project—the more that comes in the more cool stuff can come out of their brains! Plus it’s a really cool book
- The shop has a couple of new books along with the originals: Wuthering Heights, Alice in Wonderland, Canterville Ghost, and The Great Gatsby originally available free to premium subscribers are now available for purchase. Cool for Cats is also there. A Tale of Two Cities is now available. The audio has been completely reprocessed for an improved books-with-benefits experience.
- If you want to subscribe to support the show, you can choose between the simplicity of subscribing through Libsyn to CraftLit on-the-go on your iPhone/iTouch/Android app or if you’re using an mp3 player you can subscribe via PayPal for a Download-only plan. Same content, either way.
- The second volume of the What Would Madame Defarge Knit?® series, What (else) Would Madame Defarge Knit?, is now available. Please order your copy today! You can also join the mailing list to receive news about upcoming books in this series. Preview the patterns on the website or at Ravelry.